WHAT GEAR DO I USE? SHOP MY KIT HERE!
I hope these links will make it easier for you to take advantage of the knowledge I have gained using these products when building and touring with my 4wds. All the products seen on these pages I have personally used and can recommend. By purchasing directly from the links provided, in many cases, you may receive a discount that I have arranged with the seller.
Old Expedition Favourites
MSR Reactor Water boiler
- A favourite for over a decade, like a Jetboil but better made and faster.
- I got mine in 2012. I use it almost every time I'm camping. It's because of this that my cook gear is combo electric and gas.
Olight Perun 2
Multifunctional: with max 2,500-lumen output, the Perun 2 can be used as both a right-angle headlamp and as a powerful EDC.
✦ Proximity Sensor: Reduce the brightness and power off within 1 minute to prevent overheating when detecting an obstruction nearby.
Garmin Overlander, Rugged Multipurpose Navigator for Off-Grid Guidance
- Primary GPS navigator that I use in Africa and Australia.
- I run HEMA and T4A maps in the unit.
- I've had mine for about 5 years.
Sony A7SIII full-frame camera
- This is my primary creative camera.
- Its image quality and tonality is wonderful, while its low light ability is beyond belief. I can shoot video at ISO 12800 with little grain and noise. Which means I can shoot well after the sun has gone down, extending my shooting day. I could go on and on . . .
DJI Osmo Pocket 2
- I use this in car-shooting while driving. Its permanently mounted and triggered using the handle and radio mic. (available separately or as a combo) Means I don't take my eyes of the road to turn it on and off.
DJIPocket 2 Do-It-All Handle
- Part-3 of the kit I use when in-car-shooting while driving. This is the handle that links to the wireless microphone. The system means I don't take my eyes of the road to turn it on and off.
DJI Mavic 3 Pro with DJI RC
- The fact that a drone this small and this easy to fly can produce the image quality it does, still astounds me every time I fly it.
- This is the primary drone camera used for my Australia overland expeditions.
RØDE Stereo VideoMic X
- This is what I use, mounted on a camera, to gather all those extraordinary bush ambient sounds and bird calls.
- If you want good sound design, you have to have good mics!